Saturday, June 20, 2009

Thing 9

WOW, I thought blogs were all consuming. They are nothing compared to Flickr and all the fun you can have with photos. Flickr is amazing. I've used it before but always on a limited basis, just looking for one or two things. Now I see how much there is that you can use in your classroom. I just chaperoned a group of pre-school kids on a trip to the zoo. It was hot so we spent a lot of time with the reptiles, etc that were in a little cooler space. The children were fascinated with the smaller animals at the zoo, I guess because the large animals were rather frightening. I thought that a virtual field trip to the "Small Animal Zoo" would be a fun activity for students when a field trip was not possible. My mind is spinning with possibilities. Now on to exploring mashups, spelling, and slideshows. No sleep tonight.








Emeral Tree Boa byWallyg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wallyg/476717995/sizes/l/

No comments:

Post a Comment