Monday, June 22, 2009

Thing 11

Image generators are cool. I love how you can take and idea and literally turn it into your own design. I think kids will love these. I love all these ideas that will potentially take students away from the PowerPoint mentality of Main Idea and 3 bullets, to something creative. The Trading Card was my favorite. What better way to show information is a fun and creative way than by using a trading card format. Pictures and basic information are there in a simple and direct form. The Word Mosaic would also give students the opportunity to put basic knowledge in a graphic form. The only thing I didn't like about this one was that I wasn't able to pick a key word to be larger and more prominent that the rest. However, I could keep changing the format until I found one that almost worked like I wanted. The sign generator was just plain fun. I played for a long time on this one and just laughed. I thought I came up with some really good stuff, however my husband was not as impressed with my cleverness as I thought he should be. Oh, well, I had a great time.

ImageChef Word Mosaic - ImageChef.com

Image hosted @ bighugelabs.com
Click on image to enlarge.

1 comment:

  1. Check out Wordle.com to make a mosaic where one word is larger than the others. You put in some text and it makes a tag cloud for you.

    ReplyDelete