Thursday, June 25, 2009

Thing 12

I explored several of the tools suggested. My personal favorite was JigZone. I love puzzles and being able to create my own using my favorite pictures was really cool. There was a similar website earlier(Jigsaw) that allowed you to create a puzzle to purchase. However it was not interactive. Kids could take pictures within a topic and then make a puzzle bank for practice.
My other favorite was Poll Daddy. This has great potential for staff development. Imagine being able to poll the participants before and after the class to check for previous knowledge and evaluation. Great teaching tool. Students could create their own polls as part of a unit of study. If they can create the questions and the answers for their classmates, then they truly understand the concept.

1 comment:

  1. I love Polldaddy too. Now if we could just get permission to embed code in our library websites...!

    ReplyDelete