Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Thing 13

I have been using Delicious for a little over a year. At times I use it a lot and then it seems to fade into the background. When I go back to the site, I'm always surprised at what I've been missing. It is incredibly easy to tag and search to find those things I'm looking for. This week when I logged on, I realized I had not visited in some time. It was very interesting to me that some of the sites I had save in the last year or so were completely out of date. How quickly technology changes. I also had several links to sites that I simply was not interested in anymore. Funny how your personal tastes change, too.
I found that it took some thought in making my tags. Trying to figure out how I would look for this information in the future really made me stop and think. If using this within a grade level or department, then agreeing on the tags would certainly be beneficial to establish a common search vocabulary.
http://delicious.com/golfprobie

1 comment:

  1. I forget about it too sometimes, but sometimes you get more relevant results than you do when searching Google - especially if you are looking for education-related sites.

    ReplyDelete