Saturday, July 4, 2009

Thing 23

Exploring the networks was fun and gave me a lot to do on a hot afternoon all in the name of "homework". As I looked though the groups and forums, I realized that the levels of involvement go from "recognize a computer" to some very advanced networkers. One strand of a forum was particularly interesting to me. A discussion was started that seemed to be very negative regarding the use of Interactive Whiteboards in the classroom. Several responders seemed to thing that it was just putting the teacher in the front of the classroom with the students as by-standers. I tried to respond but I have not yet been "approved" to comment. I'm saving it for later however. Some groups asked a lot of questions but had very few answers. You really need to pick and choose the groups you investigate.
I do believe that joining a group with common interests will be beneficial. What better place to get new ideas, new outlooks and new perspectives.

No comments:

Post a Comment