Friday, July 3, 2009

Thing 18

I spent hours on YouTube yesterday. I found so many fascinating, funny, educational, and informative videos that I could have watched for days. I found things that were very useful and that I will go back to watch again. I also found some things that I thought, first, "Why would anyone video that?" and second, "Why would they post it for someone else to watch?" However all those videos had hundreds of hits. Go figure!
I did watch a couple of videos featuring the Promethean board, one of which I will use in a Staff Development that I am presenting next week. I re-watched a video about how to make an infrared controller for the Promethean using a Wii remote. If you could have seen our office last spring, you'd know that it was one video we took to heart as we tried it ourselves (with was more or less of a success). I also watched some videos of s some funny dogs doing strange and unusual things. YouTube is very easy to search with the results being clearing defined with a snippet of the picture next to it.
TeacherTube was a little more difficult to get a good understanding of exactly what you were looking for. I also noticed that many of the TeacherTube videos were much longer that YouTube. They seemed to be more for a longer Staff Development or training session. I compared the types of videos on Promethean from TeacherTube and YouTube. Some were the same video posted on both sites, but many of the videos on TeacherTube were posted by Promethean as a part of a training modlue. Some of these are actually posted on the Promethean Website.
I wanted to attach a video of a talking dog, but the file was too big. So I settled for a Promethean example.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you found lots of stuff that will be pertinent to you in your new job!

    ReplyDelete