Friday, July 3, 2009

Thing 21

I firmly believe that some day, Google will take over the world and it may be very soon. They certainly seem to be on the leading edge of the technological world in applications. I've used some of these tools in the past. I took Picasa! this summer and really did like it. It has just become available to Mac and there are still a few glitches that need to be worked out with that version. My favorite feature is the collage. You can choose pictures, add and delete, and then set them how you want them to look. It is easy to use and the kids could make their own collages with a particular topic in mind, ex. shapes, colors, patterns, numbers, etc.
I love Google Earth. I found my house with it's garbage in the front yard waiting for pickup, my mother's old house in Wichita Falls, and the Statue of Liberty, just to name a few. This is perfect for kids a more personal and up-close view of places studied in their history books.
The best surprise was Google Book Search. I read so many different kinds of books that I can't keep up with which ones I read. With Google Book Search, I can preview the book and try to remember if I've read it. Saves time and money and is very exciting. In fact, I off to read the newest (to me) #1 Ladies Detective Agency book by Alexander McCall Smith.



Picasa! photo collage

No comments:

Post a Comment