Thursday, July 2, 2009

Thing 17

I listened to several podcasts that I found in the Educational Podcast Network. One thing that I discovered was that many of the podcasts on GEEK!ED! ran 30 min to an hour. While I was interested in what was being said, I wasn't willing to spend the time to listen that carefully. I'm not sure teachers will be able to invest that kind of time either. The podcasts that really caught my attention were the ones that were short and to the point. I especially liked three in particular: Radio WillowWeb, Grammar Girl, and 60 Second Science. These podcasts were very informative, fun to listen to and short enough to keep my attention.
I also subscribed to Promethean Planet-ActivTips from iTunes. These tips are, again, short and in my case very pertinent to my job. Anyone using a Promethean board would find a lot of information in this podcasts.
I have done quite a bit of podcasting and taught podcasting to several elementary classes. We have done Book Reviews, Readers Theater, Math Facts, and Poems and Stories. Some have been audio podcasts while others have incorporated student drawn pictures. The two common experiences have been how much the kids and teachers love doing these and how easy they are to complete. Podcasting is just plain fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment